I have had the C3YoyoDesign Gamma Crash for few weeks now and I really am very impressed by this Yoyo. Since the unboxing I given this Yoyo major play. And I am still impressed by it since day one. It is a plastic yo-yo in the middle with stainless steel rims that you usually find on bi-metal yoyos. But if you did not know it is plastic, you would think it is metal because it plays and feels like a metal yoyo.
C3YoyoDesign Gamma Crash Specs:
Gap Width: 4.6mm
Bearing: Size C
As I mentioned in the first Throw Score review, this review is completely different from what you are used to seeing. The approach is from a yoyoer’s point of view. I came up with categories to rate a yoyo from what yoyo players are looking to get from a yoyo. The categories are described below. Each category has a score from 1 – 5. The higher the score the better except for Weight Feel, which the lower number represents a lighter feel and the higher number a heavier feel. As an enhancement to the scoring, category 5, Style of play is now scored. Details are below.
Here are the categories:
1. Smoothness – How smoothe the yoyo spins (Score 1-5).
2. Weight Feel – How heavy does the yoyo feel in your hand while at play (Score 1-5, light to heavy feel).
3. Grinding Ability – How well can the yoyo carries out yoyo grinding tricks. The score is composed of three subcategories, Finger Grinds, Talon Grinds and Finger spins. All of which have a score of 1-5 which are added for a combined score of 1-15.
4. Horrizontal Play – How well the yoyo carries out horrizontal tricks or combos (Score 1-5).
5. Style of Play – What kind of combos of tricks the yoyo is more likely suited. The score is composed of two subcategories, Speed and Techy. These two are now scored 1-5 which are added for a combined score of 1-10.
To summarize the scores, I took categories 1,3,4 and 5 and added the scores together and divided them by 5. This average number represents a score of the yoyo itself, which we will call the Throw Score.
Check out the yoyo review video and let me know what you think about the C3YoyoDesign Gamma Crash.
Throw Score – C3YoyoDesign Gamma Crash:
Smoothness – 5/5
Weight Feel (Light 1 2 3 4 5 Heavy) – 2
Grinding Ability – 15/15
– Finger Grinds – 5
– Talon Grinds – 5
– Finger Spins – 5
Horrizontal Play – 5/5
Style of Play – 10/10
– Speed – 5
– Tech – 5
FINAL THROW SCORE – 5